Idea Speed Pitch Session
What is working in your classroom and school that all educators need to know about?
In 1998 the world was graced with speed dating. The idea: meet a large group of people in a short amount of time. The thought was that an increase of attempts would better one's chances.
In 2016 the world will be graced with a similar idea. The Idea Speed Pitch, the speed dating of the education world. Each of us has an idea, some way in which we believe we could improve education. Our goal is for your ideas to be shared to a large group of people in our short amount of time together.
The idea speed pitch is an integral part of the 2016 Ideas in Education Festival. We invite you to share something that is working in your classroom and school that all educators need to know about.
What to Expect?
- Presenters will facilitate two 15-minute idea pitch sessions to roughly 10-12 people.
- Presenters can project using their own laptops or iPad or other device of choice and will be provided a "lazy Susan" so that all participants can view projected materials.
- Presenters will provide a 1-page resource for each participant that must include: contact information, the ideas, evidence of effectiveness, and next steps.
- Wifi access is available.
- We know each participant of this session will leave with newly expanded ideas and feeling inspired. Later in the day we will hone this inspiration during an Idea Incubation Session.